Thursday, September 18, 2008

Bourne supremacy-- Book Vs Film.

I would say..Ludlum's writing was tad better.
I bought this CD from Reliance Mart, its a dubbed version released in India and its certainly marked improvment of dubbing of yesteryears when some firang would look into your eyes and say"....aagah kiya heh tumeh.." making do for "... I warn you...".Now Reliance mart is bit of dissapointment in new retail chains coming across India, Spencers is the best of lot and of course Big Bazar is golden oldie.
Initial action happens in Goa ( In Movie version) and than Bourne goes beserk-- Matt demon is faboulous as Borune but did not fit in the Image I had developed over last 15 years of how Borune should be! but now when i go through the novels again I can fit him for sure.
I would say Bourne tri series is a thriller masterpiece churned out by Robert Ludlum and Movie version although almost deviating from original plot is still fitting tribute to Ludlum and Matt demon reminds of Amitabh bacchan in Zanzeer.

4 comments:

Alok J said...

I have seen all 3 of them as well and they are from my favorites. People here were mesmerized by the shots in Goa and enquired me about the place.

Drawat said...

..But i am sure illiterate which you are..would not have gone through the novels!!he ..he

Alok J said...

Why spend days on the novel when you can watch it in motion in hours.

Drawat said...

I told you both are altogether different.