Sunday, September 14, 2008

3 days to bachelorhood....

In 3 days, Manisha & kids will leave for India. A flurry of activities are happening in the Jain household. Suitcases are being packed and weighed. Shopping is being done. Kids' food in India is being considered. I leave on Oct 17 and that gives me 4 weeks of bachelorhood.

With small kids, the spare time can be limited, and with them gone, I will have plenty of time for myself. I have been planning several activities. One of them is going back to working out. Last time I worked out was a long time ago. I maintain a little gym in my basement but I still didn't have time to use that. This time, though, I plan to use the gym in our office building. It's hardly used, so I will have everything at my disposal. I hope to go there after work. After gym, I plan to go for swimming. It's been years since I have been trying to learn how to swim. Last time the family went to India, I made some progress, but I hope to finish the training this time.

It's a little weird to be living without family since I have gotten so used to them being around all the time. I am really going to miss the little ones. But then this gives me a little time to take care of some personal stuff, and hopefully, party a little bit. Also, this will increase my appreciation for the family. So looking forward to it....

No comments: