Monday, March 16, 2009

Phở .... Thupka revisited in Saigon

(Web downloaded photograph)
Phở is served as a bowl of white rice noodles in clear beef broth, with thin pieces of beef. Variations featuring chicken was one I tried.
Ho chi minh is full of fancy restaurants and those serving Vietnamese food abound one such cool place is ‘ Vietnam house’ I only saw firangs eating there ,food was very good here Infact I tasted ‘Chicken rice in Lotus leaf ’ there, but again there is this food chain which normally akin to others which abound Metros like HCMC ,it is called ‘ Pho 24 ’ kind of great tasting very cheap food meant for officegoers and its speciality is Pho the dish Vietnam worships.
The Pho I have had took me to the time of late 80s when local bus stand still worked in Doon and Shady, smelly Tibetan shacks served the ‘Thupka’ which again was broth of I think Mutton with chunks of grated meat, Cabbage leaf mixed with Soysouce, chilly and vinegar it was heavenly, I swear I got same feeling this time…it was delicious.
There are variants of phở in Vietnam, particularly divided between northern (Hanoi) central and southern (Ho Chi Minh/Saigon). I have had the Saigon one!!!
…….. see the empty bowl I left behind.
(Photo clicked through my MOTO ROCKER)

3 comments:

Alok J said...

Seems delicious, man. delicious. Makes me wanna go to the food court at Mitsuwa mall. They have some really nice soups there. For now I will just stick to my home made omellete.

Drawat said...

One week stay was bliss,i mean really blissful as in Malaysia, Training was good and its a happening city as well.

i would love to go back there or even if opp comes work there.People are smiling with very less inhibitions.

raybanoutlet001 said...

ugg outlet
cheap nfl jerseys wholesale
ugg outlet
hugo boss outlet
ferragamo shoes
cheap jordan shoes
michael kors handbags
ralph lauren
michael kors handbags
michael kors outlet