Saturday, February 14, 2009

Hira Lal " Atal"

(Painting Courtesy : Ms Joshita Rawat)

Down the Mall in cantt..there used to be a very fine joggers trail, it almost gone now or would remanants of old trail remains,last I was there was in October 2008 for Deepawali.

Morning routine is set for me and now almost for last five years which I have been able to maintain with atleast 4 days in a week spent on morning jogging,walking,It was in 2004 suddenly it dawned on me to have some daily regime for exercises as long list of vices including heavy smoking were more of a routine for me & as suddenly as that decision just like that I came down from 10 ciggarttes per day to two a day and have maintained this frequency( last two are yet to go), than I searched for no pain solution which leads to healthier body and thumb rule I found on a news channel was ‘ Walk 4 days-4 kms a week ’ .
The ‘Hira Lal Atal’ park as it used to be known as was fine initiative on part of army establishment …who saw in this a perfect gift for friendly morning walkers of cantonment attracted by pleasant weather and green environment,first day I got bowled over by its intricate maize of cemented trail which was woven over a large area touching ‘Tel Bhawan’ at one end with the army golf course on other, another gate was on the main Mall towards Hathi barkala side , thumping down the trail it took you through riverine on backside of ‘Cambrian Hall’ and as you climbed up the stairs the football ground of school was almost there, I learnt concept of ‘Cardio vascular’ regime here, as you balanced your breathing you can hear Ramdevs in making doing their daily dose of ‘Lom Anulom’, as you walked in relaxed way this stretch sourrounded by thick shrubs you were startled to find yoga enthusiasts every sudden treacherous turn of trail, alternatively you could have taken down trail which almost skidded to bottom of small valley and than climbed up the steep stairs near the lonesome Banyan tree which looked sinister in dawn darkness and generally turned benign by the time you climbed up finding first rays of sun hitting its top, here the authorities had build up hutment open on all sides for people who would love to enjoy the setting.Monsoons time this trail really turned dangerous with your shoes skidding on slippery floor and greenery grwing unbouned,Summers were best times with nubile beauties in their tight wear walking lithely down this track.
Time frame from 2004 to 2005 was best when I utilized its facilities perfectly and than I moved to Guragon although visiting often this park whenver in Doon.It seemed army found presence of such human mass threatening or resource crunch happeneed,trails were generally allowed to waste, shrubberies overgrew & all beautification plans were abandoned and gradually the riverine access was denied , once I even found a yellow snake lying on the track!……..still the memories abound , faces which became familiar with daily greetings still afresh in mind and most of all the abundant oxygen taken in still keeping me fresh through in this world.

7 comments:

Alok J said...

Nubile beauties, I missed I guess. I have never been there in Summer. I should have planned accordingly. I really found the pipe music along the mall road very fascinating this time.

Drawat said...

You have not seen this trail actually , you have been bred on Mall walking only, Mayank knows about it.

Piped music is a great innovation.

Now you might be facing better nubile beauties.

Alok J said...

I have been there once or twice, I think, with you guys. I remember the trail, and then you take the stairs down for some reason.

Drawat said...

Mayank became a dedicated morning jogger on this trail.

Alok J said...

Well, that explains his health !!

Drawat said...

Are u commenting on Mayank's mid riff, That's mean!!!

mayank sharma said...

well to add more to the piped music the CO who did it got tangled in Tehelka later