Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Trip to Mahavirji - 1

My next India trip is shaping up, already, and I think it's time to wrap up my last one in 2008 that remains incomplete without the mention of our maiden journey into the center of the great country. The prime destination was Mahavirji, the holy city for Jains. A place of solace and peace, it's situated in Rajasthan, not so far from Sawai Madhopur, on the banks of the river Gambhir. We also travelled to Jhansi where my mamaji lives and then to some other nearby places of interest. It was quite an experience and a trip to remember. In the next few entries, I will try to capture this experience.

4 comments:

Drawat said...

ab kuch likh bhi de!

Alok J said...

Just building up the anticipation. Didn't want to conflice with 'My name is Khan' release.

Drawat said...

you never went to Mahaveer ji ..i know now!

Alok J said...

Just putting the material together. The wait is almost over.