Monday, October 6, 2008

Hairied by Stylist

It was again summer , its surprising most of our misadventures or failed initiatives always originated in summers ,maybe it was conditioning developed over years of vacations in that period which let you drop your guard and led you to some actions without being aware of lopsided reactions.

Mr Jain after a long hibernation in Gurunanak was marked for Surat and swank city needed a swank hairstyle although at this juncture Surat was dirtiest town still, desire was getting something like a love child of curly locks of Ustad Zakir hussain and closed crop mane of Kabir Bedi and was all that yet needed a stylist of pure and distinct breed and what better name than Mr Novelty wallah---- The Natraj Nai, incessant chatter box and as usual his sitting with Mr Jain resulted in single way traffic of ideas and Mr Cocksure Nai went about the job in his perfectionist style and did achieve magic with hybrid of Madhuri’s curly locks and Sadhna’s front cut put together.

Mr Jain was heartbroken,on Gobind garh street the movers found shaker Mr Jain shaking the fingers through shaken hairs walking shakily through the wide avenue.

7 comments:

Alok J said...

The obsession with hair continues till date. In India, the inspirations were Dev Anand & Shammi Kapoor, and later Jackie Shroff, and of course Rahul Roy. Here, lately, it's been Harry Connick, Jr. You have to watch Hope Floats to see how charming this guy is.

Alok J said...

After the first shampoo, I literally looked like the Michael Jackson of Mad/bad days. That was quite a bit embarassing and heart breaking. I spent hours combing hoping to reduce the rings to some extent. The only pic I had of you me, Dinu, where I still had the impact of the chemical is lost.

Alok J said...

Regardless of the fiasco, I went back to the pan eater nai 2-3 times again. The only discomfort was that you had to sit on the oustide bench with the rolls stuck in your hair providing enough entertainment to the desi clientele

Drawat said...

How was the recap? i still remember your coming and after [assing beyond my house, Badi didi standing at your gate asking "..guddu ye kya kar liya.."

mayank sharma said...

:-)

Alok J said...

I recall Jiji in those days was also running her beauty shop from home, and she thought she could have done a better job. So that was the first compliment I got. Then I went for shampoo even though the nai had said not to wash for an hour. So I thought if I washed early, the impact would be gone, but it didnt. But then after drying it didnt turn out so bad.

Alok J said...

Here is something else even u dont know about. There was an admirer from my old friend circle across 'nadi'. He always looked my hair in awe and followed it religiously. Coincidently, when I was waiting for the chemical to do its job at Kwality, he walked in, and stdied my gig keenly and walked out. A couple of days later, I spotted him on chakrata road displaying his oiled and uncombed rings proudly. So, u see, I started a trend back then. We were trend setters alright in those days.